Boko Haram: Army Commander Killed in New Attack


Nigeria Army

Nigerian terrorist group, Boko Haram, on Saturday, launched another attack in Borno, killing an army Army commander through an improvised explosive device that was detonated near his vehicle in Marte, Borno State.

Crucible gathered that the army major, who was the commander of 153 Task Force Battalion in Marte Local Government Area, was leading a patrol of the unit’s perimeter when the bomb went off Saturday evening.

Sources said the officer was the only one immediately confirmed killed in the attack. It was unclear whether some of his troops, including members of the Civilian Joint Task Force, were injured or killed during the patrol.

The name of the officer was withheld as it was unclear whether or not his family has been notified by the military.

Army spokesperson, Sagir Musa, did not return a request for comment on the attack that killed the major.

The major has become the latest senior officer to die since a colonel was killed in battle mid-July.

Swathes of Marte Local Government Area were overrun by insurgents between late May and early June, but the military said the area had been recovered and future incursions would be prevented.

Insurgent attacks have reduced generally since late October, with the military crediting its new ‘super camp’ strategy that made it difficult for terrorists to overrun brigades and battalions.

Saturday’s attack has raised fresh concerns about Boko Haram’s ability to launch surprise strikes.

Previous Boko Haram: Nigerian Army Commander Killed in Latest Attack
Next Russia Banned From International Sporting Events for 4 Years Due to Doping

No Comment

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *